Chapelle du collège des Jésuites. Jesuit College, founded in 1564, built in the seventeenth century replacing some dilapidated buildings. The church, a magnificent baroque testimony was built from 1620 by F. Royers of Valfenière on a single nave plan probably inspired his brother Martellange. The facade has two floors separated by a powerful cornice, the upper, steeper, having been completed after 1661 by another architect. The triangular pediment bears the shield of the Society of Jesus. After the Revolution, the church became the Chapel High School in 1857. In 1933 it was assigned to the Calvet Museum to present the lapidary collections. These antiques today consist of objects and sculptures Egyptian, Etruscan, Greek, Roman and Gallo-Roman and many vestiges of ancient Avignon.
Musee Lapidaire - Rue de la Republique, Avignon, France
Musee Angladon - Square Pierre de Deimier, Avignon, France
Livrée Ceccano. The livery designed in Avignon refers to a palace built for a cardinal. That of Hannibal Ceccano, built in 1340, was acquired between 1564 and 1569 by the city to house the Jesuit College which hosted up to 1,600 students in the seventeenth century and then developed further with new constructions. In 1768, the Jesuits were expelled by the king of France occupying the city. The property remained held by other religious until 1791. They were then turned into barracks. In 1810, it became a state school which, under the name Frederic Mistral, ran until 1960. The livery, particularly disfigured, was restored between 1981 and 1983. It regained its original appearance of strong house and interior presents a set of painted decorations of great interest. The building has housed the Municipal Library since 1982.
Square Pierre de Deimier, Avignon, France