The Priory Founded in 1338 as a Franciscan Friary. Became a private residence in 1538 at the Dissolution. Given to the people of Ware in 1919 by Mrs. Anne Croft

?, Ware, United Kingdom

Ware Library. Built in 1765 on the site of the Crown Inn (reputedly the original home of the Great Bed of Ware) - later the town house of the Wealthy maltster Henry Page (1813 – 1894). It became the County Library in 1961

87 High Street, Ware, United Kingdom

The Manor House. Formerly known as the Rectory Manor. Once Part of the Benedictine Priory of Ware, suppressed 1414. In 1546 became part of Henry VIII’s endowment of Trinity College, Cambridge which it owned until 1951

9 Church Street, Ware, United Kingdom

Formerly 17th Century Red Cow Public House

40 Crib Street, Ware, United Kingdom

Subjects
Site of the former White Hart Inn dating from 1426 or earlier

75 High Street, Ware, United Kingdom

Subjects
15th century Christopher Inn one of the largest in Ware. From 1775 to 1971, it was part of Harrandence’s Department Store.

65-65 High Street, Ware, United Kingdom

Subjects
The Royal Oak. This 14th century building was rebuilt in 1624 to include a Roman Catholic Chapel. It became the Royal Oake Inn after the restoration of Charles II in 1660.

63 High Street, Ware, United Kingdom

The Coach and Horses. This 14th Century building was rebuilt in the 17th century and became the Coach and Horses Inn by 1664. It was converted to a chemist’s shop in 1843.

61 High Street, Ware, United Kingdom

A Tudor house supposedly built for Margaret Beaufort, Countess of Richmond mother of Henry VII, and Lady of Ware Manor. Once known as “Gilpin House”. After John Gilpin’s ride to Ware.

84-88 High Street, Ware, United Kingdom

Oldest Building in Ware.

2 West Street, Ware, United Kingdom

Built by public subscription in 1827 as a Cornmarket, on the site of an earlier market hall. It became a shop in the 1840s and was restored in 1985

70 High Street, Ware, United Kingdom

Site of 15th Century Bear Inn, later the Falcon. In 1830s became the Falcon Foundry making fittings for the Maltings

49-51 High Street, Ware, United Kingdom

Bluecoat Yard including Place House, (former manor house and Bluecoat School), old stables and Christ's Hospital nurse cottages.

Bluecoat Yard, Ware, United Kingdom

Ware station. Built in 1843 for the Northern & Eastern Railway Company to the design of Robert Stephenson refurbished by British Rail in 1988.

Ware Railway Station, Station Road, Ware, United Kingdom

Subjects
Amwell House. Built c1750 for the Quaker poet John Scott and his father

Amwell House, London Road, Ware, United Kingdom