The Doris Brothers Bridge.
This bridge is named in honour of the Doris brothers of Westport. Founders of The Mayo News in 1892, they campaigned for tenant rights and the freedom of Ireland.
William Doris (1860-1926) was the Irish Parliamentary Party M.P. for West Mayo (1910-1918). We was imprisoned in 1881 for his Land League activities.
Patrick J. Doris (1866-1937) was the editor of The Mayo News. He was interned after the Easter Rising 1916 for his political activities.
James Street, Westport, Ireland