Died aged c. 258
The Alienation Office (1576 - 1835) was a British Government body charged with regulating the 'alienation' or transfer of certain feudal lands in England by use of a licence to alienate granted by the king, during the feudal era, and by the government thereafter.DbPedia
Commemorated on 1 plaque
In 1577 The Alienation Office was built here by Robert Dudley Earl of Leicester Master of the Office. His building was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666. It was rebuilt by the Crown in 1668. In 1835 the Office was abolished by the Act 5 and 6 Will. IV. Cap. 82. In 1842 the building was bought from the Crown by the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple. The brick front as been renewed but otherwise this is the building of 1668.
3 North Row, Temple EC4, London, United Kingdom where they sited (1577-1835)