Cameo Cinema, Edinburgh
(1914-present)

place and cinema

Aged 106

The Cameo is an Edinburgh cinema which started life as the King's Cinema on 8 January 1914 and is one of the oldest cinemas in Scotland still in use. Since becoming the Cameo in 1949, it has been an independent cinema with a tradition of showing art house films. From 1949 onward it has been an important venue for the Edinburgh International Film Festival. It is at Tollcross, and since 1992 has been a three-screen cinema. The Cameo is currently part of the Picturehouse chain, owned by Cineworld.

DbPedia
Wikidata Wikipedia

Commemorated on 1 plaque

gnomonic on Flickr
Centenary Of Cinema 1996 #076

The Cameo Cinema. Opened as the King's Cinema 8 January 1914 and still entertaining the people of Edinburgh

Home Street, Edinburgh, United Kingdom where it sited (1914)