The Court of Requests, Oldbury
place and court
Commemorated on 1 plaque
The Court of Requests This Grade II listed building was erected in 1816, as a Court of Requests, and later extended. The Court of Requests was abolished in 1846 and replaced by a Magistrates Court and a County Court. The latter moved out in 1889. In 1904, the building became Oldbury Police Station, with the Magistrates Court remaining on the first floor. After the Police moved out, Oldbury Library moved into the building, in 1977, remaining here until 2011. These premises were refurbished by J D Wetherspoon in January 2012.
The Court of Requests - 21 Church Street, Oldbury, United Kingdom where it built (1811)