Birmingham Pals
(1914-present)

group and infantry battalion (from 1914)

Aged 104

The Birmingham Pals were the three infantry battalions of the Royal Warwickshire Regiment of the British Army raised from men volunteering in the city of Birmingham in September 1914, shortly after the outbreak of the Great War. They consisted of men volunteering for Kitchener's New Armies and the battalions became, respectively, the 14th, 15th and 16th (Service) battalions of the Royal Warwickshire Regiment. A further battalion, 17th, was formed in June 1915 as a reserve battalion, and was reformed in September 1916.

DbPedia
Wikidata Wikipedia

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Photo of Birmingham Pals bronze plaque
Elliott Brown on Flickr

In memory of those who served 1914 - 1918 in the Birmingham Pals Battalions

Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery - Great Charles Street Queensway, Birmingham, United Kingdom where it was (1914-1918)