Free School, Ashford
(1630-1870)

place and school

Closed aged c. 240

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Bushy2006 on Wikimedia Commons

This building was erected in 1630 by Sir Norton Knatchbull M.P. as a free school, which he endowed and gave to the town of Ashford. The interior is almost as it was 300 years ago and contains memorials of the school which was conducted here until 1870

The Church Yard, Ashford, United Kingdom where it sited