Alexandra Park
(1865-present)

place and public park

Aged 156

Alexandra Park is a 60-acre (24 ha) park in Manchester, England, designed by Alexander Gordon Hennell, and opened to the public in 1870. The lodge and gateways are the work of Alfred Darbyshire. The park was developed by Manchester Corporation before the area was incorporated into the city, the site being purchased in 1864 from William Egerton, 1st Baron Egerton. The roads to the East and West sides of the park were named Princess Road and Alexandra Road, also in honour of Princess Alexandra.

DbPedia
Wikidata Wikipedia

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Nick Harrison on Flickr

Alexandra Park 28th August 1865. This public park was crested as a labour project for the unemployed during the cotton famine of the American Civil War. The area was often used as a speakers corner

Alexandra Park, Queens Road, Oldham, United Kingdom where it sited