Alnwick Pinfold

place and pinfold

Aged unknown

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Russel Wills on Geograph

The Pinfold. property of the Freemen of the Borough of Alnwick and mentioned in the corporate records in 1611. It was used to impound stray livestock. Owners were levied a fine to redeem their animals. Originally situated near the Bondgate Tower and then at the other end of the Bondgate near Coopers Hill, it was moved to this site around 1814, before the Tenantry Column was built

, Alnwick, United Kingdom where it sited