Commemorated on 1 plaque
The Saracen's Head This Tudor building was erected in 1492 by a wool merchant, Humphrey Rotsey. Later in 1775 an inn known as The Saracen's Head was opened on the site. This closed in 1930 and the buildings were given to the church for use as a community facility. In 2004 The Saracen's Head and the nearby Old Grammar School won the BBC TV Restoration programme competition. After further fund-raising both buildings were restored in 2008 and the whole historic site was given the name St Nicolas Place.
St Nicolas Place - 81 The Green, Kings Norton, Birmingham, United Kingdom where it sited (1775-1930)