Henry Pershouse Parkes
Commemorated on 1 plaque
On this site from the 1840s to the 1930s stood the chain and anchor works of Henry Pershouse Parkes where in 1866 a replacement anchor for Brunel’s Great Eastern steamship was made which was then the largest in the world. Length 20’ 6’’. Weight 8 tons.
Smith Brothers (Quinton) Ltd., Castle Street, Tipton, United Kingdom where they worked