place and church
Commemorated on 1 plaque
St Maurice's was one of the most important churches of medieval Winchester. It may have originated as a gate chapel at an entry to the precinct of New Minster. In the later Middle Ages, a right of way ran through the west end of the church. The tower was heavily repaired in 1842 when the rest of the medieval church was demolished. It retains a Norman doorway.
138 High St , Winchester, United Kingdom where it sited