place and chapel
Commemorated on 1 plaque
MILNER HALL. Here stood the first Peterhouse, built in 1674, home of the Catholic priests of Winchester. Through the archway stands the former Catholic chapel of St Peter, now called Milner Hall in memory of Reverend John Milner, who built it in 1792 - the first Catholic church to be consecrated since 1558. Restored 1987.
St Peter Street, Winchester, United Kingdom where it sited