Alexander Methodist Church, TX

place and church

Aged 164

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Texas Historical Marker #17455

Alexander Methodist Church. Organized in 1854 in Tabor com. By Robert Alexander, Circuit Rider. First church built of hand-hewn logs in 1856 by early settlers, George Fullerton, Hugh Henry, Jim Walker, John Walker, E. W. Thompson and others. Ten acres for church land and cemetery donated by Eliz Boatright and John Singleton was deeded to the following trustees: James Walker, William Lawrence, John B. Wallace, William Glass and Harvey Mitchelle. Second church was built of lumber in 1908-- W.D. Gardner, Pastor Thurd (present) church was built in 1939-- Willard Smith, Pastor. #17455

?, , TX, United States where it sited