United States / Llano, TX

all or unphotographed
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Salem Cemetery. William Leggette Lewis, a physician and ordained Methodist minister who served in the Civil War, came to Texas with his family in 1878. Lewis land probably was used for a family and community burial ground before 1884, when Rebecca Ann Stevenson, the daughter of Joseph M. and Eliza T. Stephenson, was interred in the earliest marked grave on this site. Dr. Lewis' son, M. Dee Lewis, was interred here a month later. Dr. Lewis and his wife, Isabelle D. (Palmer) Lewis, deeded 100 square yards of land for the cemetery to the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, in 1888. Of the more than 209 known graves in the Salem Cemetery, 61 are unmarked; a few have initials scratched on rocks. Twelve graves are those of Civil War veterans. Others served in World War I, World War II, and the Korean War. (1999) #12036

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Huffman Cemetery. #14119

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Richmond Alexander McInnis. Mississippi native Richmond Alexander (R. A.) McInnis (1852-1922) moved to Llano as a young man in the 1870s. He owned and operated Llano Furniture Company on the town square, and served as Llano County sheriff from 1880 to 1882. McInnis married Martha Caroline Bozarth (1865-1949) in 1882. In 1892 McInnis was elected one of the first city aldermen in Llano. As president of the Llano Railroad Commission, he was instrumental in promoting railroad marketing from Llano. Built in 1882, this house was owned by McInnis family members for 110 years. (1996) #4264

1004 Bayley St., Llano, TX, United States

24120531151 1c162d7ef9 m
Packsaddle Mountain. Two and one half miles east on the Packsaddle Mountain, in a battle fought August 4, 1873, Captain J. R. Moss, Stephen B. Moss, William B. Moss, Eli Lloyd, Arch Martin, Pink Ayers, E. D. Harrington and Robert Brown routed a band of Indians thrice their number. The last Indian battle in this region. #9452

SH 71, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Baby Head Cemetery. According to local oral tradition, the name "Babyhead" was given to the mountain in this area in the 1850s, when a small child was killed by Indians and its remains left on the mountain. A local creek also carried the name, and a pioneer community founded in the 1870s became known as Baby Head. The oldest documented grave here is that of another child, Jodie May McKneely, who died on New Year's Day 1884. The cemetery is the last physical reminder of the Baby Head community, which once boasted numerous homes, farms, and businesses. #9432

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Badu House. Built in 1891 during the city's iron production boom days, this structure originally housed the First National Bank of Llano. In 1898 it was purchased by French native N. J. "Professor" Badu, a noted local mineralogist, for use as a residence. Designed by the Austin firm of Larramour and Watson, it features renaissance revival detailing and a distinctive band of native granite in a checkerboard pattern. Badu's descendants lived here for many years. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1981 #9433

601 Bessemer, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Cassaday Grey Granite Company Office Building. Llano businessman Tye Yates Hill built this structure in 1919 to house the office of the Cassaday Grey Granite Company, so named for the man whose nearby land contained a rare deposit of the high-quality stone. The building's "Alamotif" parapet and arches are features of the mission revival style. After the 1929 stock market crash ruined his granite business, Hill used the building for other purposes. A number of bakeries have occupied this site since 1967. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1993 #9434

501 Bessemer, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Fisher - Miller Grant. Stretches between Llano and Colorado rivers westward almost to the Pecos. An 1842 grant of 3,800,000 acres from the Texas Republic, purchased in 1844 by the German Immigration Company. Commissioner General John O. Meusebach founded Fredericksburg in 1846 as a way-station to the grant. Negotiated peace with Comanches, to provide for unmolested settlement. Founded 3 towns in grant. In 1854 was appointed to issue headrights. Counties formed from grant: Concho, Kimble, Llano, McCulloch, Mason, Menard, Schleicher, San Saba, Sutton, and Tom Green. #9438

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Grace Episcopal Church. Begun as Llano Academy, 1881. Venture failed. Purchased 1883 by West Texas Missionary District, Episcopal Church. Building was completed and first worship service held 1889 by Bishop James Steptoe Johnston. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1965 #9441

1200 Oatman, Llano, TX, United States

24126243672 187757a123 m
Early Explorers in Llano County. By commission of the Governor of Spanish Texas, Bernardo de Miranda in 1756 examined Cerro del Almagre, a red ochre hill supposedly rich in silver. His party of 23 from San Antonio struck Honey Creek near here, then went to the junction of the Llano and Colorado rivers. Three pounds of ore from Cerro del Almagre assayed only ten ounces of silver to 100 pounds of ore. Plans for further explorations were therefore abandoned as such low yield; coupled with transport problems and Indian threats, made mining seem unattractive. #9437

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Oxford Cemetery. The Oxford community was founded in 1880 when Confederate veteran A. J. Johnson came to Llano County and laid out the townsite. In 1881, a burial ground was established near this site for the use of the families of Oxford. Burials date from 1883, although some of the graves that were moved from a neighboring cemetery bear earlier death dates. Among those interred there are the town's founder, A. J. Johnson (1832-1912); and James R. Moss (1843-1924), who captained the Packsaddle Mountain fight, an 1873 battle that drove raiding Indians out of Llano County. (1985) #9451

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Matthew Mark Moss. Was a soldier at San Jacinto in the Texas War for Independence, 1836. Erected by the State of Texas, 1962 #9449

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
O'Henry School Building. The original section of this two-story schoolhouse was completed in 1887 to serve the Llano students living south of the river. Constructed of native sandstone and timber, it was known as the "College Building" because of the stately style. An addition to the north of the schoolhouse, built of locally-quarried granite, was completed in 1902. The school name was chosen to honor the noted Texas writer William Sydney Porter (O. Henry). The O'Henry School building housed all grades until 1925, when a separate high school structure was built. #9450

1500 Oatman, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Watkins House. Merchant and civic leader George M. Watkins (1863-1945) and his second wife, Lutie (McLean) (d. 1921), first president of Llano's Woman's Culture Club, built this house about 1916. The house, probably built by local contractor J. R. Blackmore, is a fine example of a craftsman-inspired structure. It features fenestration detailing, a low-pitched roof with deep eaves, and ornate wood craftsmanship. In 1945 G. Watkins willed the house to the Woman's Culture Club which occupied it in 1953. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1994 #9459

210 Sandstone St., Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Edna J. Moore Seaholm House. Built in 1892 for Frank H. and Alice Hester Hargon with materials purchased from the Llano Brick and Lumber Company for $600, this house is a nicely detailed one and one-half story L-plan Victorian cottage. Notable features include the turned porch columns, jigsawn frieze and bargeboards, and the box window on the principal facade. The house was sold in 1892 to Edna J. Moore (1877-1953) for $1,000. A rancher and banker, she continued to live in the house after her marriage in 1928 to Julius Seaholm and following his death in 1931 until her own demise. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1998 #12038

1105 Wright St., Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
St. James Lutheran Church. Founded in 1897, St. Jakobi Evangelish Lutherisch Kirche was organized to serve German Lutherans in the growing community of Llano. Pastor Hugo Krienke, also serving churches in Mason and Leiningen, held German-language services first in Llano's northside school, then in a small frame house on the south side of the river, and later in the First Presbyterian Church until land was purchased in 1908. By 1910, the Lutherans had a small building, and after 1920 services were conducted entirely in English. The members of St. James Church dedicated a new building in 1958. (1997) #12035

1401 Ford St., Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Six Mile School. Six Mile community was established in the 1880s. Most residents farmed, ranched or worked in granite quarries. The land around this site was donated to Llano County by William A. and Jane E. Stevens for a school and cemetery in 1883. The first school, called Union School, was erected in 1884. In 1898 it was renamed Six Mile School. Like many rural schools, it was in operation only a few months at a time so that students could assist their families with farm labor. After the local Methodist church closed in the early 1900s the schoolhouse and land around it became the site of church services and revivals for the community. The schoolhouse was renovated in 1930. Classes were held at Six Mile School until 1945. (1999) #12037

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Site of Prairie Mountain School. German immigrants and pioneer settlers established the Prairie Mountain community, once known as Starks, in the mid 1800s. In 1906 the Putman School near Hickory Creek relocated to this site, and was renamed Prairie Mountain School. Community members built a one-room schoolhouse, which also served as a place of worship, on land leased from Bettie A. Rountree. A larger building, constructed in 1924, served school children until Prairie Mountain consolidated with the Llano school district in 1948. The Marschall family later conveyed the land to the community. The last worship service was held here in 1970, but the building continued to serve as the Prairie Mountain community center. (2001) #12458

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
First Christian Church of Llano. First Christian Church of Llano This congregation began worshiping together about 1882. Early services were held in a two-room schoolhouse. By 1886, members were meeting in the county courthouse, and two years later, the church moved to this site. Early baptisms were held in the Llano River. The congregation officially became known as the First Christian Church in 1910. Over the years, classrooms and a fellowship hall were added to the 1888 sanctuary to accommodate membership growth and expanded programs. A part of the cultural history of Llano for more than 100 years, First Christian Church continues to uphold the ideals and traditions of its founders. (2002) #12728

1105 Oatman St., Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Lone Grove School. Lone Grove School Among the rural schools in early Llano County were Lone Grove, Flat Rock, Little Llano, McNutt and Spice Wood. These rural schools also served their communities as gathering places. Located on a major route between Llano and Burnet, Lone Grove grew, and when officials divided the county into districts in 1884, it became district number two. This schoolhouse dates to 1910, on a site donated by D.P. Speck and J.L. Templeton. In 1937, Lone Grove became one of two rural schools in the county to offer high school courses. Building additions served the growing population until consolidation with Llano schools in 1947. The building is now used as a gathering and polling place. (2002) #12907

RR 2241 at CR 216, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Isaac Byler Maxwell. Isaac Byler "Ike" Maxwell was born April 21, 1837, in Ripley, Tennessee to Isaac D. and Nancy Love Byler Maxwell. In 1844, after his mother died, his family moved to Bluffton, Arkansas. He moved from there to this area in 1854, naming the land Bluffton after his former home. After serving as a scout for frontier units during the Civil War, he was a justice of the peace for three terms. Later elected to the state legislature, he helped arrange the excavation of granite for the state Capitol. He also served as a Church of Christ minister. When he died in 1931, he was reportedly the oldest living Llano County pioneer. Recorded - 2003 #12934

Bluffton Cemetery Rd, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Llano City Cemetery. Area residents founded the city of Llano as the county seat for newly-formed Llano County in 1856. By August 1862, with internment of one-year-old Tina Miller, this site served as a burial ground. Seventeen-year-old Emily Young Wright was interred here a few weeks later, and their two gravestones are the earliest marked burials. The first deed references to the cemetery appear in two transactions from February 1882, when J.R. Green and John C. Oatman conveyed property to five individuals acting as cemetery trustees. As the only surviving trustee by 1906, F.J. Smith conveyed title to the Llano Cemetery Association, which transferred the property to the City of Llano in March 1907. Since that time, the city has maintained and enlarged the burial ground, which continues to serve the community. As the final resting place of several generations, the cemetery is a link to Llano's history. Notable burials include civic leaders, elected officials, military veterans and business owners, as well as Frank Teich, a stonecutter and sculptor known as the father of Texas' granite industry. Historic Texas Cemetery - 2003 #13488

1410 Hickory St., Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Llano County. The name "Llano," first given by Spanish explorers in the 18th century to the river traversing the region, is a corruption of the French name given the Lipan Indians. First settlements were made by Germans about 1850. The county, created from Gillespie, Bexar, February 1, 1856, was organized August 4, 1856, with Llano as the county seat. (2.3 mi. N Llano, State Hy 81) #14149

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Enchanted Rock. #14653

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Packsaddle Mountain. Packsaddle Mountain Indian Battle Fight, August 5, 1873. In honor of pioneers who fought Llano County's last Indian battle: James Moss - Robert Brown - Arch Martin - William B. Moss - Denver Harrington - 'Pink' Ayres - Eli Lloyd - Stephen B. Moss #15169

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Bruhl's Drugstore, Former Site of. #15531

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Board Branch Cemetery. This graveyard developed as a public burial ground for the Lone Grove community and surrounding area on the property of W. A. and Sallie Templeton. According to oral history, the earliest grave on this site may be that of William Kinderly, reportedly killed by Indians in 1864. The earliest documented grave is that of Susan Reed (d. 1886), the wife of John S. Reed. There are more than eighty graves dating from 1900 or before. The cemetery is called Board Branch for a mill operation once located on nearby Board Branch Creek. Among the graves of interest on this site are those of Confederate veterans such as Dr. Cyrus Reeves, an Army surgeon from Alabama, and eight others. Veterans of World War I, World War II, and other wars and conflicts are interred here, as well. (2000) #11696

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Chew Cemetery. Born in West Virginia in 1832, George Oliver Chew came to Texas in 1839. He married Nancy Taylor prior to 1870, and they settled in western Llano County in 1883, purchasing 320 acres of land. This site probably was first used as a family cemetery about 1885 when their infant granddaughter was interred here. The second marked burial was that of a 2-year-old grandson, Osceola Chew, in 1887. George Oliver Chew was interred here in 1901. The Chew family continued to grow, operating a school and later a cotton gin. In 1927 they sold the land to another family, who donated back the one-acre cemetery twenty years later. There are more than 40 known graves in the Chew Cemetery. Both a Confederate and a Union soldier are interred here, as are veterans of other military conflicts. (1999) #12033

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
C. S. A. Salt Works. Located between Tow Valley and Old Bluffton, 15 mi. NE. Since 1935 under Lake Buchanan. During Civil War made salt for table, meat preserving, diet of cavalry horses, tanning hides. A day's boiling in 100 iron 250-gallon kettles produced 20 to 30 bushels of salt. Cooled, sacked and hauled out, this met Texas' wartime shortages. First Llano County District Court was held at Salt Works. Stagecoach stand nearby. Brine here was from Cambrian Sea waters trapped 500 million years ago in sand and strata. Indians led first settler here. #9435

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Ford Street Commercial Row. These three attached structures are believed to have been built by John Goodman, a builder and stone mason who immigrated to Llano from Germany in 1878. They exhibit typical features of early 20th century commercial structures, including corbelled brickwork. Since 1904, the buff and red brick structures have housed a variety of businesses, including furniture stores, liquor stores, cafes, saloons, mercantiles, bakeries, a saddle shop, domino hall, feed store, and theater. In 1989 the buildings were adapted for use by the Llano County Library. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1992 #9439

?, Llano, TX, United States

Texashistomarker12468
Six Mile Cemetery. Six Mile Cemetery has served residents of Six Mile since the early 1880s. William A. and Jane E. Stephens, early residents of this farming and ranching community, donated land for a burial ground in 1883. The earliest marked grave is that of Charles Oscar Turner, the infant son of Mr. and Mrs. Munn Turner, who died in December 1883 at five months of age. Also interred here are veterans of the Civil War, frontier battles with Native Americans, World War I, and World War II. The cemetery has been maintained by a cemetery association since 1987. #9454

?, Llano, TX, United States

Llano courthouse 2010
Llano County Courthouse. Designed by Austin architect A. O. Watson, this building is the fourth courthouse for Llano County. Work on the structure began in 1892 and was completed one year later. The contractors were J. A. and G. H. Wilson of Sulphur Springs. The courthouse was later surrounded by an iron fence, but only the stone foundations remain. Exterior styling of the building features detailing of sandstone, marble, and granite. Fires damaged the interior in 1932 and 1952. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980 #9446

Public Square, Llano, TX, United States

21751780778 bf197b7687 m
The Llano County Jail. This building was erected in 1895 by the Pauly Jail Building and Manufacturing Co. of St. Louis, Mo. The gray granite for the exterior was quarried in the county. The red roof of the Romanesque revival jail provided the building its nickname, and prisoners often spoke of staying over at the "Red Top." The first floor was used by the jailer for his office and living quarters. The second floor had four cells and two drunk tanks. The third and fourth floors housed the gallows. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1979 #9448

700 Oatman, Llano, TX, United States

21956465861 62125e10ca m
Llano County Granite Industry. Llano County's granite industry can be traced to 1888 when J. K. Finlay first polished a stone from his mill site and David Stewart opened a quarry south of Llano. Prominent sculptor Frank Teich leased a quarry from Stewart and established Teich Monument Works in 1900. Thirteen varieties of granite were found in Llano County. Noted mineralogist N. J. Badu discovered in the county a form of granite called "Opalene" or "Llanite," which contains opalite flakes. Although difficult to cut, the excellent quality of Llano granite made it suitable for buildings and monuments. #9447

?, Llano, TX, United States

21858771309 752f019951 m
Acme Dry Goods Building. Built in 1892 by Llano builder and stonemason John Goodman (8152-1935), this turn-of-the-century commercial row structure has housed a succession of dry goods merchants, including Mrs. Riley's Millinery, Carlton's Dry Goods, and a store operated by Martin Jacobs. It was purchased in 1919 by the Acme Dry Goods Company. The one-story brick structure features round-arch transoms, keystones, and double store-front windows. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1997 #9431

109 W. Main, Llano, TX, United States

23224214856 d35b599599 m
Old Southern Hotel Building. J. W. Owen had this hotel building constructed about 1880. Originally a two-story structure, it was built by stonemasons J. K. Finlay and John Goodman. The third floor was added during the ownership of Col. W. A. H. Miller, who bought the property in 1883. An annex to the west side of the building, now removed, provided space for a lobby, kitchen, and dining area. Later operated as the Colonial Inn, the business closed during the 1950s. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980 #9455

201 W. Main, Llano, TX, United States

22991675129 1aa5ff22d3 m
Llano Woman's Culture Club. Local music teacher Jennie Clopton (1861-1904) organized the Woman's Literary Society with 16 charter members in 1901. The club established a public library, first called Clopton Library for the club's founder. Other projects of the renamed Woman's Culture Club included landscaping in public areas and scholarships. Club members coordinated a Works Progress Administration project to build a public library building here in 1938-39. Meetings were held at the library until 1953 when George Watkins bequeathed his home to the club. (1997) #12034

107 W. Sandstone, Llano, TX, United States

23414622769 98af2f0642 m
Saint James Lutheran Church Founded in 1897, St. Jakobi Evangelish Lutherisch Kirche was organized to serve German Lutherans in the growing community of Llano. Pastor Hugo Krienke, also serving churches in Mason and Leiningen, held German-language services first in Llano's northside school, then in a small frame house on the south side of the river, and later in the First Presbyterian Church until land was purchased in 1908. By 1910, the Lutherans had a small building, and after 1920 services were conducted entirely in English. The members of St. James Church dedicated a new building in 1958. (1997)

1401 Ford St., Llano, TX, United States

23755444176 304757f1e3 m
Frank Teich. (Sept. 22, 1856 - Jan. 27, 1939) A native of Germany, Frank Teich studied under master German artists and sculptors before coming to the United States in 1878. By 1883 he was established in San Antonio as an accomplished stonemason and artist. His supervision of work on the State Capitol led to other jobs, including construction of the Tarrant County Courthouse and the creation of numerous Confederate memorials and other monuments throughout the South. In 1901 he founded Teich Monument Works near Llano, which resulted in the development of the area's granite production industry. He is buried in the Llano Cemetery. #9456

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Bluffton-Tow Salt Works. #14617

?, Llano, TX, United States

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Bluffton Cemetery. Bluffton Cemetery This site was purchased in 1930 by the Emery, Peck and Rockwood Development Company and donated to the Bluffton Cemetery Association in anticipation of the company's construction of what would become Lake Buchanan. They provided the red sandstone for the cemetery's fence, portico and well structure. A number of local cemeteries were relocated here to make way for the dam. Stones that date from as early as the mid-1860s mark burials that were original to the Old Bluffton Cemetery, as well as the Chestnut, Holland, Maxwell, O'Donnell and Olney Cemeteries, and a few graves from below White Bluff. Some 59 burials were not identified, but all graves in the water's path were said to have been relocated in three stages in 1931, 1936 and 1937. One of the first interments here that was not a reburial took place upon the death of Isaac "Ike" Byler Maxwell (1837-1931), who had named the Bluffton Community back in 1854. As a state legislator, he influenced the choice to use native granite for the construction of the state capitol. In addition to varied roles in state and local public service, he was a Disciples of Christ minister. This site, cared for by an association since the 1930s, chronicles the rich heritage of the Bluffton area. Historic Texas Cemetery-2001 #12721

14 miles east of the City of Llano on 2241, 4 miles west of New Bluffton, Llano, TX, United States