Education Offices From 1933 to 1964 Firth Building was used by the Sheffield Central Technical School, formerly the Junior Technical School. During that time over 5,000 boys passed through the school, many progressing to successful careers in the steel, engineering and building industries of the region. The first headmaster, Gwilym E. Thomas, was succeeded in 1947 by Herbert W. Wadge M.B.E. who was prominent in the development of secondary technical education in this country. Herbert Wadge had a profound life long influence on all his pupils. Flourish C.T.S. Forever!

Photo of Bronze plaque № 10192
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Photo of Bronze plaque № 10192
Peter Hughes on Flickr

Leopold Street, Sheffield
Google Streetview

by C.T.S. Old Boys' Association

Colour: bronze

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.