Church Hall, Abbey Street. Dating from 1636, this Jacobian-style building housed the Crewkerne Grammar School founded by John de Combe in 1499. Captain Thomas Hardy, Nelson’s flag-captain, was a pupil here. When the school moved to Mount Pleasant in 1882, it became the Church Hall.

Photo of Thomas Hardy blue plaque
Sarah Smith on Geograph

Church Hall, Abbey Street, Crewkerne
Google Streetview

by Crewkerne Civic Society Part of the Millennium Year series

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr: