First Pharr-San Juan-Alamo School The common school district of Pharr and San Juan began construction of this school in 1915. First used for the 1916-17 school year, its enrollment was 143, with twelve teachers and a graduating class of nine. The name was changed in 1919 to Pharr-San Juan Independent School District. Although the town of Alamo was also founded that year and contributed students to the school, the Alamo name was not officially added until 1959. In 1961 this became Jefferson Junior High. It was named Memorial Junior High in 1979 in honor of all Pharr-San Juan-Alamo veterans. #1810

by Texas Historical Commission #1810 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.