Stourfield House 1766. These steps and the portico above, built in 1766 by Edmond Bott, were part of Stourfield House, later home to Mary Bowes - the philanthropic Countess of Strathmore and ancestor of the present Queen. Extended in 1898 the building became a hospital until its demolition in 1991. This replacement building was completed in 1993.

Photo of Blue plaque number 11011
Alwyn Ladell on Flickr
Photo of Blue plaque number 11011
Alwyn Ladell on Flickr
Photo of Blue plaque number 11011
Alwyn Ladell on Flickr
This is an approximate position

StourīŦeld House, Douglas Mews, Bournemouth
[geolocate this address]
Google Streetview

by Borough of Bournemouth on 30 June 1994

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.