On this site stood the University of Glasgow from 1460 till 1870. The main gateway now re-erected at Gilmorehill was opposite College St.

A record of this plaque is available on the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland website here:http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/44095/details/glasgow+high+street+old+college/

Blackfriars Road, off the High Street, G1 1QG, Glasgow
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap

Colour:

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Jani Helle on Flickr