Circa 1900 50 Rawson Street - Parkes Cottage This cottage originated in the Millwood Goldfields and was later relocated to Church Square in Knysna. George William Brent Steytler, who was Secretary of the Knysna Divisional Council, and Town Clerk for 27 years, used it as his legal offices. From 1882 -1883 the Town Council meetings took place in this building. The building was later rebuilt in Rawson Street alongside the sawmill and was rented to staff of the firm George Parkes & Sons Ltd. In 1991 it was again relocated to this site to make way for the Woodmill Lane shopping complex.