Oddfellows Hall. At a time when religious intolerance was abating, Father McHugh built Ulverston's first Catholic Church in 1821. The foundation stones were brought from Furness Abbey and in 1832 a tower was added. Towards the end of the 19th century the Catholic Church required a larger place of worship and a new church opened in Brogden Street.

Alexander P Kapp on Geograph
flipflopnick on Flickr

by Ulverston Town Council

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr: