This very early type of Pillar-box dating from 1856 has been in daily use in Banbury since 1857. The box was renovated with the support of Banbury Borough Council and re-opened for use on this site on November 25th 1974

Photo of Pillar Box brushed metal plaque
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Photo of Pillar Box brushed metal plaque
Elliott Brown on Flickr

Town Hall, Bridge Street, Banbury
Google Streetview

by Banbury Borough Council on 25 November 1974

Colour: brushed metal

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Photo of Pillar Box bronze plaque
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Photo of Pillar Box bronze plaque
David Stowell on Geograph