Mentioned in the Domesday Survey of 1086 valued at 30s at year, being the property of the Canons of the Holy Trinity Church, Place Mill has medieval stonework and Tudor and 18th century brickwork, and was used for both fulling (cleaning and thickening cloth) and corn grinding until 1908

Photo of Place Mill blue plaque
ell brown on Flickr
Photo of Place Mill blue plaque
ell brown on Flickr
Photo of Place Mill blue plaque
ell brown on Flickr
Photo of Place Mill blue plaque
ell brown on Flickr

Place Mill, The Quay, Christchurch
Google Streetview

by Christchurch Local History Society in 2000 Part of the Millennium Trail series

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subject
Place Mill