At the entrance to the town at this point stood the ancient stone gatehouse known as The Bargate thought to date from the 12th century, which straddled and constricted the High Street, and was removed c. 1744 by order of the Mayor

Photo of Bargate, Christchurch blue plaque
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Photo of Bargate, Christchurch blue plaque
Elliott Brown on Flickr

Bath Travel, 4 High Street, Christchurch
Google Streetview

by Christchurch Local History Society in 2000 Part of the Millennium Trail series

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr: