The Canyon News. First city newspaper, the"Echo," was printed 1889. The "Stayer" (1896), later renamed "Randall County News," was predecessor of the "News." Clyde W. Warwick, editor 45 years, 1910-1955. Won awards for outstanding weekly 1942, 1950. Special Edition (1949) was rated nation's best. Troy Martin became editor 1960. (1968) #10

Photo of Clyde Warwick black plaque
stevesheriw on Flickr All Rights Reserved

by Texas Historical Commission #10 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black