Davis House. Built in 1916 by Walter Wright Davis (1879-1933) and his wife Florence Weathers Davis (1880-1968), this house represents a transition from a craftsman style bungalow to a Colonial Revival style structure. The exposed rafter ends, knee braces, and divided light upper window sashes illustrate typical 1920's domestic architecture. Modifications in 1927 included the addition of two large dormers and replacement of the original large porch with a small entry. Recorded Texas Historical Landmark, 1992. #1176

Photo of Black plaque № 14218
Marion & Steve on Flickr All Rights Reserved

by Texas Historical Commission #1176 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.