Fluvanna. Founded 1907 by a realty firm. Named by townsite surveyor, for his native county in Virginia. When Roscoe, Snyder & Pacific Railroad reached this point in Sept. 1909, a 3-day picnic was held. Buildings at Light, Texas, a mile east, were moved here. Town developed into important cattle shipping point, as long market drives were abandoned. By 1912 had 2 wagon yards and 2 blacksmith shops, among many businesses. Later, shipped much cotton before railroad ceased operating here in 1942. Now a prosperous agricultural community on good highways. (1966) #1930

cfargason on Flickr CC0
cfargason on Flickr CC0

FM 612, at community center, Fluvanna, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #1930 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.