Potter-Hurley House. Capt. L. W. Lee (1831-1916), a Confederate veteran, moved here from Missouri, 1869; founded Valley View (10 mi. S), 1873; became a leading cattleman of area. In 1894, as a wedding gift for daughter Ella (Mrs. J. M. Potter), built this house. Bought 1949 and preserved by Mr. and Mrs. W. D. Hurley. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1973. #4099

QuesterMark on Flickr
QuesterMark on Flickr

by Texas Historical Commission #04099 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.