Florence Ranch Home. David W. (1848 - 1932) and Julia Savannah (Beaty) Florence (1850 - 1914) built the first portion of this ranch house in 1871-72 after moving here from Van Zandt County. Elaborate wood trim decorates the gallery of the simple frame structure. The house was enlarged by the 1890s, when the Florence homestead covered 730 acres. After Florence retired in 1908, his son Emet (1885 - 1963) and Emet's wife Perle (Curtis)) (1889 - 1976) continued to run the ranch, known as Meadow View Farm. RTHL - 1978 #6712

Photo of Black plaque № 19029
QuesterMark on Flickr
Photo of Black plaque № 19029
QuesterMark on Flickr

1424 Barnes Bridge Rd., Mesquite, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #6712 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.