Union Station. By the early 1900s, Dallas needed a single rail terminal for the numerous railroads serving the city. In 1912 seven rail lines formed the Union Terminal Co. They hired Chicago architect Jarvis Hunt, who designed this neo-classical building with an elegant grand hall on the second floor. The facility officially opened Oct. 14, 1916, at the start of the state Fair. A Dallas landmark, Union Station was a center of community life during the peak years of train travel. RTHL - 1979 #6908

Photo of Black plaque № 19220
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
Photo of Black plaque № 19220
courthouselover on Flickr All Rights Reserved
Photo of Black plaque № 19220
courthouselover on Flickr All Rights Reserved
Photo of Black plaque № 19220
courthouselover on Flickr All Rights Reserved
Photo of Black plaque № 19220
glennhistorygeek on Flickr All Rights Reserved

400 S. Houston St., Dallas, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #6908 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.