Mission Santissimo Nombre de Maria. Was founded in this vicinity summer 1690 "on the banks of the Arcangel San Miguel" (Neches) River. Erected A.D. 1934 by De Zavala Chapter, Texas Historical and Landmarks Association. Located by: Dr. Albert Woldert, Tyler, Texas; Miss Adina De Zavala, San Antonio, Texas. Assited by Mr. J.M. Lovell, Augusta, Texas. #7012

Jpo tx113 on Wikimedia Commons
Jpo tx113 on Wikimedia Commons

by Texas Historical Commission #07012 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.