Masonic Temple 1924. Travis Lodge No. 117, A. F. & A. M., was chartered in 1852. This site was acquired in 1916, although this classical revival temple was not built until 1924. Designed by local architects John Tulloch and the firm of Clyce & Rolfe, the building features giant order columns and portico, fifteen over fifteen windows, and a segmental arch entry pediment. It remained the headquarters for the Masonic Lodge until 1985. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1988 #7404

Nicolas Henderson on Flickr

201 E Lamar St, Sherman, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #7404 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.