Erasmus M. Hanna House. Built about 1872 by Dr. Hanna, one of founders of Troup, and an investor in East Texas railroads and clay industries. Besides his medical practice, his interests included first hotel in Troup. Wife, Virginia Morris Hanna, was daughter of East Texas pioneers, Judge and Mrs. Stephen Decatur Morris. Five generations of Hanna descendants have lived here. Victorian architecture. Beaded bay windows; high-arched gables. Of cypress, pine, cedar woods. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1968 #7731

n5zis on Flickr

118 N Georgia, Troup, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #7731 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.