Bourland-Stevens-Samuell House. Built in 1883 by Virginia B. Stevens, daughter of Col. James Bourland, on land deeded him by M. H. Wright, joining site Wright donated for Greenville. Bourland gave land to daughter in 1854. Part of her earlier house was incorporated into this southern colonial structure. Mrs. Stevens gave home to daughter, Berta V. Samuell, who sold to C. A. Leddy in 1912. Owners have been leading citizens in the town's history. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1969 #7773

1916 Stonewall St., Greenville, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #7773 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.