Gen. Hal C. Horton Home. First two-story brick house in Greenville. Erected in 1885-1887 in typical Victorian style. Built by the Will N. Harrisons, prominent pioneers. Contractor H. C. "Jack" Horton (father of Gen. Horton) made the brick at "Puddin' Hill." That land, settled 1846 by Horton family, is now owned by Hal C. Horton, Colonel in U. S. Army and General in National Guard. He and Mrs. Horton bought and remodeled house, 1929, using walnut from "Puddin' Hill" farm. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1969 #7804

3925 Moulton St. at Walworth St., Greenville, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #7804 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.