White Rock Baptist Church. The Rev. A. D. Manion, along with thirteen charter members, organized a congregation known as Pleasant View Baptist Church in 1872. A church building was erected in 1883 and served the congregation until 1901, when it was dismantled and rebuilt at White Rock on land purchased from P. W. Titus. After its relocation the name of the church was changed to White Rock Baptist Church. In 1925 a new sanctuary was built across the creek from the 1901 site. White Rock Baptist Church has been a part of Hunt County history for over one hundred years. #7838

by Texas Historical Commission #7838 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.