White Rock Methodist Church. This congregation was formally organized on November 25, 1880, by the Rev. J. T. Stanley and eleven charter members. Services were held in the White Rock Schoolhouse until a church building was constructed in 1898. The wood frame structure was destroyed in a 1907 storm and was replaced by a new building. The congregation was active in missionary activities from the beginning, and a missionary society was formed in 1924. Membership has remained steady over the years, and the church continues to serve its community as it has for the past century. #7840

by Texas Historical Commission #7840 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.