Porter Farms. Birthplace of agricultural (cooperative) extension, under lead of Dr. Seaman A. Knapp, U.S. Department of Agriculture. On Feb. 26, 1903, from places offered, a special committee of citizens selected farm of Mr. and Mrs. Walter C. Porter for first "farm demonstration". The project was highly successful in demonstrating methods of farming. Extension is now part of each state land-grant university and adapted in many foreign nations. Porter sons still operate this pioneer farm, "Where science and farmers first joined hands". #8542

Photo of Black plaque № 20715
Rheba on Flickr

by Texas Historical Commission #8542 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.