Southwestern University Main Building. Oldest structure on permanent campus. Planned 1895-97 as chapel, library, classrooms, offices, when the regent (president) was Dr. J. H. McLean (1838-1925); built 1898-1900 under regent R. S. Hyer (1860-1929). From throughout the state came building fund gifts, which even included land from plantation of late Texas president Sam Houston. Neo-Romanesque style. Builders, Flume & Waterston (from British Isles), had worked on State Capitol. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1962 #9342

Photo of Black plaque № 21498
QuesterMark on Flickr
Photo of Black plaque № 21498
QuesterMark on Flickr
Photo of Black plaque № 21498
QuesterMark on Flickr
Photo of Black plaque № 21498
QuesterMark on Flickr
Photo of Black plaque № 21498
QuesterMark on Flickr

1000 E. University, Georgetown, TX

by Texas Historical Commission #9342 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.