United Methodist Church of Fairy. First church organized in Fairy. Chartered as "Martin's Gap Methodist Mission" on July 3, 1886, under the Rev. J. S. Moore. Charter members were Mr. and Mrs. B. F. Anderson, Mr. and Mrs. Scott Steward, Lee Anderson, and Mesdames Hattie Chenault, G. W. Goyne, Lou Harvey, and J. S. Moore. Church building was erected first year, land for it and a parsonage being given by Capt. Battle Fort, local settler. In 1888 membership was 122. In 1920 original building was replaced by present structure. Continuous services have been held here since the church's founding. #9411

QuesterMark on Flickr
QuesterMark on Flickr

by Texas Historical Commission #9411 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.