Early Teague Home. One of few remaining houses of Earpville (early Longview). North boundary of tract on Wm. t. Brooks' stagecoach line from Monroe, La. to Tyler, Texas. Built before 1882, when it was purchased by Latimus and Mary Teague, natives of Alabama. Two daughters, Misses Molly and Sarah Teague, held school sessions and taught music here beginning 1890. Classes moved to separate building where they continued until 1905. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1966 #10000

by Texas Historical Commission #10000 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black




None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.