F. L. Whaley House. Constructed in 1871 for hardware merchant Franklin L. Whaley and his wife Mary Caroline Rogers, this was one of the earliest homes built in Longview. Five generations of the Whaley family have lived here. Built in a central hall configuration with lumber cut on the site, the structure features gabled pavilions, three dormers above the front porch, fine milled wood details, and elaborate jigsawn balustrade and piers. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1964 #10005

101 E. Whaley St., Longview, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #10005 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.