F. W. Arhelger Shop. Frederick William Arhelger, a second generation cabinetmaker and wheelwright, constructed this building in 1898 for use as a farm implement shop. Built of quarried limestone, it was designed to accommodate wagons and large farm equipment. The front ramp, double doors, and the absence of partitions provided maximum access to the interior. Arhelger operated the business until 1918 when he wold it to Ernst Schmidt. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980 #10008

Photo of Black plaque № 22154
stevesheriw on Flickr All Rights Reserved

by Texas Historical Commission #10008 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black




None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.