Old Central Drugstore. Alphons Walter (1866-1957), a Swiss-born jeweler and watchmaker, had this 2-story building erected in 1905. He sold the property in 1909 to Robert G. Striegler (1874-1934), a noted Fredericksburg civic leader who operated the Central Drugstore on the lower floor. Despite later changes in proprietors, the drugstore occupied this site for over 70 years. the local telephone exchange leased the second floor for offices and a switchboard until 1954. The building has also housed doctors' offices and Herman Heyland's photographic business. #10014

Photo of Black plaque № 22160
stevesheriw on Flickr All Rights Reserved

by Texas Historical Commission #10014 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.