Cherry Mountain School Complex. This complex represents a well preserved grouping of stone and wood buildings. The "old school", a pioneer-crafted one-room structure built on land donated by Carl durst, opened in 1883-84 with ten students. facilities added over the years include the "new school", a concrete block structure built in 1926, and an open-air theatre. Following the school's closing in 1949 the complex became the site for a variety of private and public social activities. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1992 #10015

by Texas Historical Commission #10015 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black




None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.