The Manchester Grammar School. This plaque marks the original site of The Manchester Grammar School on which for more than four centuries successive generations of boys were educated. The school was founded in 1515 by Hugh Oldham, Bishop of Exeter, whose Arms appear above, and remained here without interruption until 1931, when the school was transferred to its present site at Rusholme.

Nick Harrison on Flickr
Brian Cooper on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Brian Cooper on Flickr
Jez Nicholson on Flickr