Sachs Covered Bridge. Located just SE of here on the intersecting road. Built in 1852 by David S. Stoner, this lattice-truss bridge (based on a design patented by Connecticut architect Ithiel Town) extends 100 feet across Marsh Creek. Both Union and Confederate troops used it in 1863. Closed to automobiles after 1968, it suffered flood damage in 1996 but was restored by Adams County as a scenic bridge.