Allegheny County. Formed September 24, 1788 out of Westmoreland and Washington counties. Named for the Allegheny River. County seat of Pittsburgh was laid out 1764; became a city in 1816. A center of the iron, steel and other industries and "Workshop of the World."

on Wikimedia Commons

County Courthouse, Grant St. between 5th & Forbes Aves., Pittsburgh, PA
Google Streetview

by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.